Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Sunny Day at Avila Beach

Yesterday my husband and I visited his home town for lunch and little walk on the beach.  It was such a beautiful day! I got the usual tour talk from him about how things used to be,  who lived where &  who did what.  I have heard  the same stories for so many years.  I now know them by heart.   I will never tire of them though, I just listen.   My husband was  born and raised in this small community. His family were his neighbors and his neighbors were like family. 
I grew up in a neighboring town and remember the good old days as a teenager (before dear hubby), making my way to the beach with my best girl friends to bake in the sun, play frisbee  and boy watch.  I was probably watching him and didn't realize it! Every time we go there it brings back so many fun memories of childhood and family gatherings.    
 Being inspired by the warm sun on my back and a new Nordstrom catalogue in the mail advertising sandals when we got home, I got carried away in my art journal to paint this little number! It was just perfect for how I felt about our day at the beach. If only I look as good as my little model!   Hands, feet, the whole pose is all so new to me. It's like putting a puzzle together.  Need to keep practicing!

Stepping into a new territory, I will fill you in on that later!  By the way, the swelling in my ankles have really gone down! Can you tell?

Until next time...



1 comment:

Fauve et Elizabeth said...

Beautiful paintings! Very inspiring!


Happiness

The sum of happiness is made up of a thousand details. A little kindness done one less fortunate gives the heart a beat of pleasure that no millinery or laces or jewels can possibly inspire.
To overcome prejudice is more satisfying than a ten-course dinner.
To subdue a difficulty and smother a selfish disire is to become strong and splendid.
If life is worth living at all, it is worth living in a state of progress and improvement.
If we moan and groan, filling the air with dissatisfaction and gloom, we can scarcely hope to partake of much contentment.
All you need is a good thump on the back by some cheerful soul who has faith in you, and promise to yourself that you will face your work and your worries cheerfully,-(Selected)