Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blog Banner

Greetings friends!
I got a new camera for Christmas and have been having so much fun playing!
I am also getting ready to take my jewelry and art dolls out for a little show, yesterday was a great day for picture taking...






These girls are all looking for their place in the picture and of course want to be the focal point of the shot!!!







I started with this picture of a few remnants of my past.
The white dress was mine when I was a baby and the red check dress and coat were a few of my favorite doll clothes. I was so excited when I found them I didn't take time out for ironing. If you have read any of my blog in the past you will know that the last time I had the ironing board out, I broke my toe!!! Ha! Anyway... I was on a misson to make up some cute price tags and in the process came up with yet another banner! This one is my own artwork, so I feel good about that! I have just picked up bits and pieces on how to build a blog along the way , so if my little blog looks somewhat disheveled sometimes, you know I have trying out new techniques. Did you see the advertisement at the top left hand corner of banner page, I stumbled upon this very informative site a few nights ago and that is where I got my background. Until I have time to design my own background. This works for me, I love polka dots!!! Oh ! Just wanted to remind you to check out the Valentine's Blog Party on my side bar. And yes please consider my Wizard Challenge. Thank-you to the girls that have signed-up!
This is going to be a very busy month for me, my husband is having surgery and I have a few challenges to keep my mind occupied. I have to go now, come back soon!!! Stephani

3 comments:

Diana said...

Okay girlfriend, you are getting way too techy for me! Wow am I impressed. Love your new blog banner. Your challenge sounds so fun. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Take care of your sweet self.
Diana

La Donna Welter said...

Love your new banner!
La Donna

diane cook said...

Oh Stephani...Wow~I love what you have donw with your blog! You go girl!! And, what camera did you get? You are using picnik? Just lovely~~

Happiness

The sum of happiness is made up of a thousand details. A little kindness done one less fortunate gives the heart a beat of pleasure that no millinery or laces or jewels can possibly inspire.
To overcome prejudice is more satisfying than a ten-course dinner.
To subdue a difficulty and smother a selfish disire is to become strong and splendid.
If life is worth living at all, it is worth living in a state of progress and improvement.
If we moan and groan, filling the air with dissatisfaction and gloom, we can scarcely hope to partake of much contentment.
All you need is a good thump on the back by some cheerful soul who has faith in you, and promise to yourself that you will face your work and your worries cheerfully,-(Selected)