Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wizard of Oz Challenge







A few of you may know about my personal challenge to create a piece of art monthly, using the The movie" The Wizard of Oz" as a tool for inspiration. I started last January and will complete the challenge in December. I also invited anyone in the blogging community to join in. Thank-you Brenda from http://memories&treasures.blogspot.com/ for joining me. The invitation is still open.:)
When I started this challenge last January I wanted a theme to follow and get inspiration. Using a character or memorable moment each month has done just that! You can find each monthly theme on the sidebar titled "The Wizard of Oz Challenge".
While visiting the movie once again this month , I am reminded of Dorthy's search for the Wizard and what is she actually searching for. Recongnition? She had it all the time. Somehow I missed this when I was a child.
Anyway..........this does't look like a wizard but I was inspired to have COURAGE, use my BRAIN and put my HEART into it! Again! Wishes do come true! LOL
P.S. I taught my first class last Saturday, I had so much fun!

Hugs, Stephani

5 comments:

beautifullybrokenme said...

Oh Stephanie - I just love this piece - well done!

:-) Molly

Diane said...

What a beautiful cuff Stephanie! Looks like your had alot of courage while making it...that was alot of precision stamping =)

Riki Schumacher said...

That is one of my favorite movies! Guess it was due to growing up in Kansas! Great cuff Steff, love the texture and the words. Hope to see you soon. xoxo Riki

La Donna Welter said...

I agree....Wishes do come true! Love this piece, and thank you so very much for stopping by! : )
Hugs,
La Donna

Brenda said...

AMAZING piece!!! WOW!!! You are one talented lady!!
Now, off to find me a brain!


Happiness

The sum of happiness is made up of a thousand details. A little kindness done one less fortunate gives the heart a beat of pleasure that no millinery or laces or jewels can possibly inspire.
To overcome prejudice is more satisfying than a ten-course dinner.
To subdue a difficulty and smother a selfish disire is to become strong and splendid.
If life is worth living at all, it is worth living in a state of progress and improvement.
If we moan and groan, filling the air with dissatisfaction and gloom, we can scarcely hope to partake of much contentment.
All you need is a good thump on the back by some cheerful soul who has faith in you, and promise to yourself that you will face your work and your worries cheerfully,-(Selected)