Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Are we there yet!

I remember when is was a little girl asking my dad, "are we there yet?"  "How much further is this place?" He would always reply " we'll be there soon". Isn't funny how those anxious moments in life always leave you with that question mark feeling?

 These days the questions haven't changed at all , they just seem to be compounded into a heap of confusion!  Remember that cartoon character that said "Which way did they go George?"   Well that seems to be my number one thought lately.:)  Rushing around trying to get it all done in time!  In time for what? Where did I put my favorite pair of snips and shoot!  I still haven't found my book! Anyway...I am having fun and that is what is most important.



 For the next two weekends I am sitting on the other side of the table teaching  tips and tricks that I have learned so far.   I am really excited to have another opportunity to help someone else grow in  their artistic endeavors!  I feel like I should be giving my girl scout oath about now.
On my honor, I will try :
to serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout law.

Wow this really takes me back to the good old days living in a small town, everyone new each other and their families and the rules where always the same.  I'm humming the John Mellencamp song ("Small Town") some of us still live in a small town, still know alot of people but the rules are all over the board! In a way the rules being all over the  board in an artistic way is a good thing. :)  There are not alot of rights and wrongs and if you make a mistake , it is all about an opportunity for something wonderful! Keeping that in my mind , I will not worry about what can go wrong, but look forward to an opportunity to do something wonderful!:)
These photos are not of what I will be teaching, but of what I have recently learned.  Someone said practice makes perfect and I am practicing alot!  I am hoping  to make the same impact to my students that my teachers have made on me.
Wish me opportunities...:)







1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow! Such incredible pieces! Can't wait to see what you'll be teaching..I know I'd sure love to be on the opposite side of the table in your classroom. :-)


Happiness

The sum of happiness is made up of a thousand details. A little kindness done one less fortunate gives the heart a beat of pleasure that no millinery or laces or jewels can possibly inspire.
To overcome prejudice is more satisfying than a ten-course dinner.
To subdue a difficulty and smother a selfish disire is to become strong and splendid.
If life is worth living at all, it is worth living in a state of progress and improvement.
If we moan and groan, filling the air with dissatisfaction and gloom, we can scarcely hope to partake of much contentment.
All you need is a good thump on the back by some cheerful soul who has faith in you, and promise to yourself that you will face your work and your worries cheerfully,-(Selected)