Friday, February 25, 2011

Mary Hettsmansperger Class

Last weekend I had the pleasure of  sharing a little "Girls Time Out" with good friends Diana Frey and Riki Schumaker.  The weekend started with a visit to a wonderful Art Supply store in Santa Barbara where I found everything on my wish list. 

 I  am thrilled to know I can  add more of these beautiful watercolor crayons  and pencils to my collection!  Happy Happy....:)
Next stop was Nordstrom's, lunch and a little more shopping! 
The highlight of the weekend was two rainy days in a cosy classroom at the Creative Castle with Mary Hettsmanperger.   Mary has a great sense of humor and  is a wonderful teacher!  Especially fun to share a table with such talented friends as Riki and Diana!  LOL No pressure!!! 
Here are my unfinished pieces. Just too cold to work in my studio these days, can't wait till it warms up.


Can you tell I was still thinking  faces and whimsical ?   A fun day with torch fired enamel, 

and a  flower brooch incorporating enamel and  my version of twining.
 My favorite part of this lesson was using gold foil. :)

 Hope you all have a safe weekend !
Bye, bye for now...,

2 comments:

Diana said...

Oh I am in love with that flower pin. Sure did have a great time playing with you my friend.
Hugs
Diana

Barbara Lewis said...

These are gorgeous. I love that you used enamel with your new-found techniques!


Happiness

The sum of happiness is made up of a thousand details. A little kindness done one less fortunate gives the heart a beat of pleasure that no millinery or laces or jewels can possibly inspire.
To overcome prejudice is more satisfying than a ten-course dinner.
To subdue a difficulty and smother a selfish disire is to become strong and splendid.
If life is worth living at all, it is worth living in a state of progress and improvement.
If we moan and groan, filling the air with dissatisfaction and gloom, we can scarcely hope to partake of much contentment.
All you need is a good thump on the back by some cheerful soul who has faith in you, and promise to yourself that you will face your work and your worries cheerfully,-(Selected)