Thursday, June 2, 2011

Metal Heads Line-up ?

Just playing with you all! 
Check out some of my new work.
I am still hooked on faces and they're working their way into my jewlery!




Roaring 20's Gal!
I can't wait to get to the next one

I don't know... , maybe a swamp girl or mermaid?

Little painted face surrounded by metal wire. I just took a class with Melanie Schow and learned this wire wrapping technique. I love the possibilities!
Left over resin goes into vintage doll head mold and gets in the metal head line up! She is trapped in a textured piece of copper and hung on a little old wooden spool! She just flips over this idea! :) Don't you love her scarf?



Here's a little piece of my heart..
Have a great day!


Hugs, Stephani




3 comments:

Diana said...

Just love the techniques you learned from Melanie and how you incorporated them into your artwork. And your resin head doll trapped in copper is sweet. Glad to see you are having fun again creating Steff.
Hugs
Diana

sarah said...

Wanted to drop a line to say that I finally had a chance to use some of that gifts stuff I won. Created the cover my new art journal which will be posted on my blog soon. I aso created a thankyou card for a good friend.

Riki Schumacher said...

Love these pieces Steff! The wrapping is really fun, great job. Hugs, Riki


Happiness

The sum of happiness is made up of a thousand details. A little kindness done one less fortunate gives the heart a beat of pleasure that no millinery or laces or jewels can possibly inspire.
To overcome prejudice is more satisfying than a ten-course dinner.
To subdue a difficulty and smother a selfish disire is to become strong and splendid.
If life is worth living at all, it is worth living in a state of progress and improvement.
If we moan and groan, filling the air with dissatisfaction and gloom, we can scarcely hope to partake of much contentment.
All you need is a good thump on the back by some cheerful soul who has faith in you, and promise to yourself that you will face your work and your worries cheerfully,-(Selected)